- Conduct research and collect information by assigned methods
- Appropriate document and report results
- Complete research/survey/assessment in specific area
- Review assigned fields and prepare an efficient route
- Travel to designated area and conduct interviews
- Assist participants by reading forms and answering questions.
- Gather and accurately record responses on questionnaires provided by the Program team.
- Ensure that questionnaires have been thoroughly checked and completed.
- Submit completed questionnaires and other equipment used in fieldwork to the research supervisor and will, if required to do so, compile his/her findings in a format required by the program
- As part of each assignment, participate in briefings; carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting.
- Recognize and give account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from field research activities
- Work according to the program needs and on a project by project basis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or its equivalent
- Experience in data collection, administering questionnaires and conducting interviews, data collection and data entry
- Willingness to learn and explore new experiences
- Fluency in speaking and understanding English and Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of and respect for confidentiality.
- Language Skills: (Native/Fluent/Basic)
- English Language (Fluent)
- Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba (an added advantage)
Profile of Behavior:
- Honesty: Shows a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent the program
- Communication: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from her/him.
- Relationship Builder: Able to build trust with people at the rural level and maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Nigeria.
- Accuracy: Must be able to interpret and record responses appropriately without distorting the respondent is meaning or confusing the reader.
- Endurance: Must be able to work for a full day working hours in the field across a number of days.